loader image
Skip to main content
If you continue browsing this website, you agree to our policies:
x

Vocabulary Building Strategy: Contextual Learning

Vocabulary Building Strategy: Contextual Learning

by Chen Donny -
Number of replies: 0

Today, I decided to try the contextual learning strategy to build my vocabulary. This strategy involves learning new words by understanding the context in which they are used. I read a few articles and tried to infer the meanings of unfamiliar words based on the surrounding text.

How It Worked for Me?

I found this strategy to be quite effective. By paying close attention to how the words were used in sentences, I could guess their meanings accurately most of the time. It also helped me remember the words better because I associated them with specific contexts and situations.

New Words Learned

1. Serendipity: I came across this word in an article about scientific discoveries. It was used in the context of finding something valuable unexpectedly.

2. Cacophony: I found this word in a description of a busy city street, used to describe the loud and chaotic mixture of sounds.

3. Ebullient: This word was used in a story about a person who was always cheerful and full of energy.

Using contextual learning not only helped me understand and remember new words but also improved my overall comprehension of the texts I was reading. I plan to continue using this strategy to further expand my vocabulary.