Skip to main content
If you continue browsing this website, you agree to our policies:
x

my experience with vocabulary building strategies

my experience with vocabulary building strategies

by Fadila CHADOU -
Number of replies: 0

Hello friends.

Today i will share with you my experience with vocabulary building strategies. I read an article intitled " 10 Health benefits of Turmeric and Curcuma". In this article there are several new words for me, one of them is "bioavailability".

1.  The definition of the zord is in the context. Bioavailability means the rate at wich your body absorbs a substance.
  2. I tried to understand the True Meaning of  "bioavailability". the word is devided on three parts: bio+availabil+ity. I used the Oxford dictionary to understand the meaning. 
  • Bio (prefix) means= to live or living things.
  • available (root) means= adjective: able to be used or obtained; at someone's disposal.

• Ity (suffix) means= quality, state or degree. 

• From this word "bioavailability" i know, now, many other words: available and bioavailable. I can guess their meaning as well. 

• 3. I wrote all these words in my note_book with their meanings. I am happy becaose today i added a new words to my lexicom. 

• To know and memorize the word "bioavailability" i applied four strategies: the Dictionary, Learn One New Word a DayUnderstand the True Meaning of Words and Maintain a Personal Lexicon. to build my vocabulery i can't rely on one strategy but i have to use all of them as well.

• i'm very happy because i could apply these strategies. thank you Saylor academy.